Protecting Your Birds From Danger
Acute toxicity is caused when a bird ingests a metallic object containing zinc or flakes of paint which contain zinc pigments. In this case a relatively large amount of zinc is ingested at one time and the levels of zinc in the body quickly become elevated.
Chronic toxicity usually occurs when small amounts of zinc are consistently consumed.
Perhaps the most serious of the household hazards relates to toxic fumes.
To sign up to our news letter please enter your email address in the box below